Wednesday 11 April 2018

London and Destiny

How much of life is destiny? This is a question that most of us ask ourselves at some point in time. How much can we mould a shape our lives?
Many women involved in this widespread problem of compulsive eating even ask themselves - How can I mould and shape my body? I have worked with, and actually been, a perfectly 'slim' woman and wanted to be 'slimmer' - This of course is total and utter obsession, to not realise and appreciate your own natural slimness. The answer is what I cover in my One to One Facebook Video Call Sessions £35 / $50  (1 hr Session)
This complex problem of obesity and obsession with size and shape is unravelled and explained from the standpoint of a recovered compulsive eater.
I recovered from compulsive eating at the tender age of 19. I had already suffered from 5 years of compulsive eating and 2 years of bulimia - I knew diets did not work because that is where dieting had got me.
The answer revealed itself to me when I embarked on studying alternative methods of healing, thinking and being via a local secondhand bookstore that had just opened in our local town in rural Ireland in 1984. I started to follow that still small voice within instead of binge-eating, and it worked. I no longer dieted and simply ate when hungry and stopped when full. I became aware of the painful  dynamics that were rife in my own family and culture - the ignoring, the blatant and hidden, sexism, blaming and shaming, the put-downs, criticism and controlling.
One of the first whisperings that came to me from my 'Still Small Voice Within' was - Leave Home - And I did. My boyfriend at the time was Catholic and I was raised Protestant and we decided to live together - an incredibly radical act in 1980's Rural Ireland where Protestants and Catholics were supposed to kill each other not make love to each other. But as John Lennon says - Make Love Not War.
Six months later we left our stifling backgrounds and country's unspoken dictates, for the wider world of - London.
London became my home. I fell in love with London and that love affair continues even though that rebellious young man that was part of that very new and exciting and sometimes tough time of my life, is now passed away.
So yes, I believe that he, and London, and this work I do was and is my Destiny.
My work and my passion to help others heal their eating disorders holistically, just as I have, continues. For info on One to one Skype or FB Video Call Sessions text 07530 531 655

No comments:

Post a Comment