Sunday 4 September 2011

Blossoming


This wonderful geranium is proclaiming to the world, or my back yard: 'See you can still blossom!'
How does that relate to us as we recover from compulsive eating, and lose weight for good naturally? Well, in my experience of being a recovered compulsive eater and recovered bulimic for over 25 years, blossoming is part and parcel of this healing journey. We give up eating when full, we give up suppressing our emotions by stuffing them down with food when full and we start to listen to their guidance instead. The emotion of dissatisfaction, for example, is telling us we are dissatisfied with some aspect of our lives, and when we explore that, instead of suppressing it by eating when full, we might find ourselves drawn to enrol in an art class, or start reading books on some subject that interests us. In fact, I actively encourage you to - today - start asking yourself - What am I interested in? And then - How can I bring more of that into my life? This may be exactly what will fill that gap, in your life, that no amount of food when full can ever fill.
Until next time,
Love and blessings as you blossom,
Sofia
Check out my YouTube video on addiction swapping
http://youtu.be/HIeW53lmK_Q

No comments:

Post a Comment